53rd Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® Announces Show Enhancements
Themed areas, layout changes and entertainment are designed to wow attendees and exhibitors at the world’s largest boat show
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Now entering its 53rd year, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show strives to be the world’s showcase of the boating and marine lifestyle, where interested people gather annually to connect with each other and to learn, see and buy what is new. As the owners and operators of the show, the Marine Industries Association of South Florida and Show Management, respectively, have developed a strategic plan of exciting enhancements, scheduled to begin in 2012 and continuing to roll out over the next several years, ensuring that FLIBS remains at the forefront of the marine industry for decades to come.
Attendees at this year’s show, scheduled for October 25-29 at the Bahia Mar Yachting Center, will be greeted by a freshly designed show entrance and guided through the pedestrian-friendly layout with newly designed navigation and communication tools. Attractive themed areas are being created to engage each marine market’s respective fans. Entertainment of various sorts, for show-goers of all ages, is being planned to create a great experience for everyone who loves to get out on the water.
Enhanced Navigation and Communication
Introduced at last year’s show with tremendous success, the show’s smartphone app, MyBoatShow, has been upgraded. Designed to help navigate the show’s docks, land areas and tents, the MyBoatShow app now lets you post your favorite boat from the show directly to Facebook and to search for boats by name.
Show organizers are pleased to report that cellular phone service should improve with the addition of a mobile cell site providing more cellular network coverage. There also will be free cell phone charging stations located throughout the show.
New this year, attendees will enter the in-water portion of the show at The Bahia Mar Yachting Center through the new Performance Village, located along H/I Dock. This redesigned section of the show will feature a layout highlighting the boats and accessories comprising the performance boat market, including new boats from Cigarette and other industry leaders.
- For those more interested in sportfishing, the show’s new Sportfish Village located along C/D Dock will feature the category’s leading sportfish manufacturers and configurations. New this year, custom builders will represent their one-of-a-kind fishing machine designs from a new display area dedicated to their custom trade.
- Well received at last year’s show, PassageMaker Magazine’s TrawlerPort will return to B Dock and bring fans of the long-range cruising lifestyle products and innovation from the Trawler market, along with the always-informative seminars taking place on Trawler Island.
- Bringing jaw-dropping size and design, the largest boats and their builders at FLIBS will be represented inside the Superyacht Builders Association (SYBAss) Pavilion, located on the Face Dock. The SYBAss Pavillion houses exhibitions from the world’s most respected large yacht builders.
- In true international boat show fashion, the Yacht Builders Tent is a “village of villages” with displays from countries including Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Australia, British Columbia, Cayman Islands, United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
- Other show enhancements include an expanded and revamped Electronics Pavilion with a more pedestrian-friendly layout.
- New at the Broward County Convention Center indoor portion of the show is the KidZone, featuring youth fishing clinics from Captain Don Dingman, founder of the non-profit Hook the Future. An extraordinary indoor display of trailerable boats, safety equipment, fishing gear and marine accessories, the Convention Center delivers an unparalleled opportunity to see new models from every leading name in boating. It also is home to the show’s complimentary marine seminars covering a wide variety of topics hosted by the International Game Fish Association’s (IGFA) School of Sportfishing and The Blue Wild. The Convention Center also serves an excellent selection of food and beverages.
Fun, Fun and More Fun!
Amusing pop-up entertainment is expected to delight show-goers. On the culinary front, expect upgraded food service and an additional floating cocktail barge at the show’s north end, adjacent to the Hall of Fame Marina.
“Our objective is to ensure that FLIBS continually improves and remains the largest, most exciting and successful boat show in the world,” said Efrem “Skip” Zimbalist III, chairman and CEO of Show Management.
Covering six locations with more than 3 million square feet of space, the show’s network of water taxis, riverboats and shuttles transports visitors to see the amazing array of boats ranging from astonishing super-yachts to fishing boats, runabouts and boats for every budget.
Boat show headquarters are at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Yachting Center, with additional exhibits at the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
WHEN: Oct. 25 through Oct. 29, 2012
• Thursday, Oct. 25 (Prime Time Preview) 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 26 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 27 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Oct. 28 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 29 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Prime Time Preview $36; $34 online
• 2-Day $38; $36 online
• General Admission $20; $18 online
• Child (6-15) $5; $3 online
• Children under 6 FREE
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® is owned and sponsored by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida, managed and produced by Show Management and sponsored by Gosling’s Rum, Wavejet, Budweiser, Alexseal, Danish Yachts, BoatQuest.com, Seakeeper, Palm Harbor Marina, Smallwood’s, XMWX Satellite Weather and Yachts Magazine. “Like” the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show on Facebook at facebook.com/fortlauderdaleboatshow, follow the show on Twitter at twitter.com/boatshowupdates, and tune into Boat Show TV at youtube.com/showmanagement. For more information, call (954) 764-7642 or (800) 940-7642, or visit ShowManagement.com.