The commercial real estate development association honored industry achievers for 2020 during a celebration at Marriott Harbor Beach Resort
Following a year of uncertainty brought on by the pandemic, NAIOP South Florida hosted the 42nd Annual Awards of Excellence, where the top movers and shakers in the commercial real estate (CRE) industry for 2020 were announced. The jubilant in-person event was an opportunity for members of South Florida’s Commercial Real Estate Development Association to reconnect, network and celebrate with an optimistic eye on the future.
More than 225 industry executives joined NAIOP South Florida in the spacious Ocean Ballroom at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort for the lively “business beach” themed event with refreshing cocktails and Jimmy Buffett tunes, a seated dinner, and the awards ceremony.
“Challenges often bring opportunities, and that is what we are celebrating this year,” said NAIOP South Florida Executive Director Jules R. Morgan. “Despite the many trials and tribulations of this past year, the professionals in our industry kept their eye on the ball, resulting in significant accomplishments in commercial real estate. We appreciate the ongoing support of our members and sponsors, and we congratulate all of the finalists and winners on their achievements.”
The Awards of Excellence winners are:
Sale of the Year
- Institutional Sale: Bayview Corporate Tower, Cushman & Wakefield
- Private Industrial Sale: Bang Energy Portfolio Sale, CBRE, Inc., JLL & Helms Development & Core5
- Office Sale: 3700 Lakeside Drive, Butters Realty & Management
Industrial Lease Transaction of the Year: Miami 27 lease to Intcomex, Colliers International
Office Lease Transaction of the Year: · Starboard Cruise Services, Cushman & Wakefield
Economic Impact Deal of the Year: Pursuit Boats, Economic Development Council of St. Lucie County
Broker Team of the Year
- Industrial: CBRE team of L. Tom O’Loughlin, Larry Genet, Larry Dinner, Jake Zebede, Michael Oretsky
- Investment: CBRE’s South Florida Institutional Capital Markets Team of A. Chilgren, A. Julian, C. Lee, J. Lobon, M. Minaya, T. Rappa, R. Rose
- Office: Avison Young’s Landlord Agency Team, Ft. Lauderdale, of L. Blumer, J. Cope, G. Martin
- Retail: JLL Miami Retail Team of K. Fernandez-Espinosa, A. Kaye, L. Koniver, R. Romero, Z. Winkler
Broker the Year: George Pino of State Street Realty
Member of the Year: Christopher Thomson of Cushman and Wakefield
Rookie of the Year: Alex VanDresser of Cushman & Wakefield
Project of the Year: The Main Las Olas, Stiles
Developer of the Year: Stiles
“Our market and commercial real estate professionals demonstrated that through a year of adversity, South Florida persevered and became a safe haven for business,” added Awards of Excellence Chair, Immediate Past President of NAIOP South Florida and Senior Vice President of Duke Realty Stephanie Rodriguez. “It is terrific to be able to celebrate the many accomplishments of our finalists and winners in person. The momentum built in 2020, despite the early pandemic pause, is the cornerstone for an even brighter 2021.”
For more information about the Awards of Excellence and NAIOP South Florida, visit www.naiopsfl.org.