Addition of innovative hot desserts, sandwiches and snack melts is the biggest menu introduction in the 75-year brand history
MINNEAPOLIS – In what is the largest new menu rollout in its 75-year history, the Dairy Queen® system, a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A and BRK.B) company, today announced the roll-out of the new DQ Bakes!™ menu with nine innovative products across three categories: Hot Desserts à la Mode, Artisan-style Sandwiches and Snack Melts. The announcement comes on the brand’s actual 75th anniversary, which is June 22nd.
“This is a game changer for our system. The DQ system has introduced ovens into our locations—DQ Bakes! ovens. DQ Bakes! are hot, delicious, made-to-order sandwiches, snacks and desserts, available any time of day. DQ Bakes! reflect the high quality and value our fans have come to expect from us,” said Barry Westrum, Executive Vice President of Marketing for American Dairy Queen Corporation (ADQ). “The artisan-style sandwiches, snack melts and hot desserts give us a tremendous competitive advantage. We are turning the quick-service restaurant industry upside down with the addition of new and different food and treat menu items that will redefine the category. We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate our actual 75th anniversary with our Fans, as well as set us up for the next 75 years.”
Hot Desserts à la Mode combine hot and cold for a satisfying treat:
- Triple Chocolate Brownie: A warm, chocolate brownie made with a blend of milk, semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate, drizzled with Cocoa Fudge™ and choco chunks, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve
- Apple Tart: A flaky dessert crust topped with Granny Smith apples, rolled oats, butter and brown sugar, and drizzled with caramel, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve
- Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie: A warm, decadent chocolate chip cookie made with semi-sweet chocolate chips, a dark fudge center and drizzled with Cocoa Fudge, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve
The Artisan-style Sandwiches are served hot using both ciabatta and basil-cheese focaccia breads:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch: All white meat marinated grilled chicken, aged Swiss cheese and hickory-smoked bacon, topped with creamy ranch, fresh tomato and lettuce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll
- Chicken Mozzarella: Signature all white meat crispy chicken strips, mozzarella cheese and rich marinara sauce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style basil cheese focaccia roll
- Turkey BLT: Oven-roasted turkey breast, aged Swiss cheese and hickory-smoked bacon topped with mayo, fresh tomato and lettuce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll
DQ Bakes! Snack Melts beat boring snack wraps—giving fans a whole new way to snack with hot snack melts that feature premium ingredients:
- Buffalo Chicken: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and real cheddar cheese, then toasted to perfection
- Chicken Bacon BBQ: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, smoky BBQ sauce, hickory-smoked bacon and real cheddar cheese, then toasted to perfection
- Chicken Quesadilla: Filled with all white meat marinated grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes and onions, ripe California olives and real cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses, then toasted to perfection
The brand is celebrating the launch of DQ Bakes! and its 75th Birthday (June 22) at the Dairy Queen restaurant in Manhattan today with a special guest appearance by multi-talented country singer, songwriter and fashion designer Jessie James Decker, who will be on hand to serve the new DQ Bakes! specialties to fans. Decker was chosen for the launch because she is genuine, family oriented and a food enthusiast with loyal, engaged fans.
“We believe all of our fans win with DQ Bakes!,” said Westrum. “There’s nothing like that hot-from-the-oven taste. We’re excited about DQ Bakes! and know that our fans will be too.”
For more information about the Dairy Queen system, visit DairyQueen.com. Connect with the DQ system on Twitter using #LOVEmyDQ and follow the system at twitter.com/dairyqueen. Visit the DQ Facebook fan page, which has more than 9.8 million friends and become a friend at facebook.com/dairyqueen.
American Dairy Queen Corporation (ADQ), which is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., develops, licenses and services a system of nearly 6,500 Dairy Queen® stores in the United States, Canada and 25 other countries. ADQ is part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. For more information, visit DairyQueen.com.