FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (September 16, 2014) – Entering its 55th year, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® (FLIBS), the largest in-water boat show in the world, is set to take place from Oct. 30 through Nov. 3, attracting an international audience of thousands of marine enthusiasts to the “Yachting Capital of the World” to experience the single best showcase of marine products and accessories on the planet. Each year, show organizers strive to deliver new, exciting features to enrich the overall show experience and engage audiences.
Here are the top 13 things to see and do at this year’s show:
- Check out an astounding number of yachts. From astonishing super-yachts to fishing boats, runabouts and boats for every budget, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show delivers the excitement of boating for anyone who loves to get out on the water.
- Stop by Pier 66 Marina, the show’s newest location. Recently reopened following a total marina renovation, this show site will feature an impressive display of brokerage yachts and attractive dining options, including Pelican Landing restaurant for casual dining and drinks, and fine cuisine at the upscale Grille 66 & Bar. Pier 66 Marina will be accessible via shuttle bus (Green Line) and/or Water Taxi. Qualified guests will be able to sea trial yachts during the show from this location.
- Grab a bite to eat at the show’s new, full-service pop-up restaurant, Hugh’s Café at the Hall of Fame Marina, operated by Hugh’s Culinary. Located at the Hall of Fame Marina show location, the concept is designed to offer another quality dining option for guests and a place for industry professionals to meet and conduct business.
- Relax and grab a drink at the newIGFA Sportfishing Lounge, located inside the Broward County Convention Center. While you’re there, enjoy free fishing, diving and boating seminars and workshops for anglers taught by some of the area’s best captains and professional anglers.
- For the kids, catch the Hook The Future kids’ fishing clinics where kids get a free rod/reel combo and plenty of other prizes.
- Check out the expanded Blue Wild area featuring scuba and freediving, lobstering and safety seminars, a huge selection of marine art and the all-new JYPSEA Swimwear Show.
- Take in a flick at the Boat Show Film Festival,screening Crew Unlimited’s Yachtie Da Film Festival, Guy Harvey Ocean Conservancy films, and trailers from this year’s Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival.
- Check out live paddleboard, kayak, hovercraft and freedive demos at the AquaZone, presented by Nautical Ventures and new this year to the Sailfish Pavilion at the Convention Center location. Guests will learn directly from the pros in a 25-foot-by-50-foot, 15,000 gallon pool.
- Ogle the exotic auto display, a private jet, personal submarines and the latest yacht and water toys. Even if you’re not in the market for a new boat this year, the show offers amazing exhibits and fun for all.
- People-watch at the show’s world-famous floating cocktail lounges. Find a seat, grab a cold drink and cool off in the shade. Have a bite to eat and recharge while enjoying live music and even livelier crowds.
- Explore the impressive displays and shop for the latest gear or gifts. Nearly $4 billion worth of boats and marine products across more than three million square feet of exhibit space includes an array nautical clothing, gear, the latest marine electronics, accessories and more.
- Hop a ride to the show aboard free riverboats and $10 all-day Water Taxi transportation. The show’s seven locations are connected by a convenient land and water transportation network offering several parking and transportation options to get show-goers to the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel & Yachting Center, the Hall of Fame Marina, Las Olas Municipal Marina, Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, Sails Marina, Pier 66 Marina and the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
- Watch the spectacular fireworks display on opening night at the Bahia Mar Marina. FLIBS always wows guests in many ways, whether it is the jaw-dropping superyachts, the lavish parties and fun-filled events or the amazing fireworks. Year after year, the show aims to bring an enhanced experience to all who come through the gates.
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show® is owned and sponsored by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida, managed and produced by Show Management and sponsored by Gosling’s Rum, Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), GEICO, YACHTS International Magazine, AIM Marine Group, Budweiser, BoatShowHotels.com, BoatQuest.com, Palm Harbor Marina, Smallwoods Yachtwear, International Game Fish Association (IGFA), Monte Carlo Vodka and the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Like the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show on Facebook at facebook.com/fortlauderdaleboatshow, follow the show on Twitter at twitter.com/boatshowupdates, and tune into Boat Show TV at youtube.com/showmanagement. For more information, call (954) 764-7642 or (800) 940-7642, or visit ShowManagement.com. ###